Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Nights of Sleeplessness...

...here I come! Rachel's cesarean has been scheduled for the 23rd of November, which means we'll probably be celebrating Thanksgiving in a hospital room. But what better way to celebrate it than with the birth of your 2nd daughter! Please keep us in prayer that there will be no complications. We know that baby #2 will not be as big as Hannah was because Rachel has been able to watch her diet more because of us being aware of her gestational diabetes. In short that means = smaller baby. For those of you who don't know, Hannah was 10 lbs, 2 ounces; 23 inches = lots of complications. Those complications should be avoided because of the planned cesarean and a lower birthweight than Hannah. Anyway, I'm babbling useless info that you don't really care to know.
We are supposed to have around 40 family members here for a Thanksgiving family reunion, and my mom is a little bummed because we won't really be around or involved with it because of all this. Oh well.
Hannah's b-day is tomorrow... man, 2 yrs has already gone by! Before I know it I'll be dealing with modesty issues and threatening boyfriends! Where does the time go? Rachel and I got her one of those 'little tikes' kitchen sets... you know with the little fridge, oven, sink and now they also have a little cordless phone and microwave. Hannah is really into imitation. Acting like she is cooking, acting like she is eating, taking care and feeding her 'dolly'. She also really loves animals and imitates all the sounds they make.
It's wierd...I'm such a DAD now! It still takes me by surprise. Most of you will know what I'm talking about when it happens to you. And some of you probably shouldn't have kids. :) Love ya'!

5 comments:

Danae said...

I did want to know all the useless details - it makes prayer times a bit more specific! Isn't it so fun just to watch kids act things out when they're off in their own world? It's amazing how much they learn just by watching us! A little bit scary too... :) I was all about the kitchen set when I was little... 'cept my mom had to make the stove and fridge out of a cardboard box... but I entertained myself for hours making meals and 'setting up house.' Ooh - and more fun is on the way - you get to watch Hannah play 'mommy' as she's watching Rachel take care of the little one... make sure she's got her own rocking chair!

Aaron said...

Danae, thanks for the rocking chair advice. I hadn't thought of that, but I see how that it could help her with that transition also.

Alyzzle said...

Aaron, you and Rachel are such cool parents! I'm excited to meet the new LeBrun. You guys will definitely be in my prayers. You play Halo 2 yet?

Aaron said...

Yep. I got it in the mail yesterday from Gamefly (online rental system) and popped it in last night. I rented it cuz' I don't have fifty smackaroos to lay down for it right now.

fountainstylerootbeer said...

congrats on the second little kid and the best news is once you do get her all grown up you have been dealing with our problems so long youll be like an old pro! miss you love you ill work on the picture business! i just gave jay the pass word and let him go to it! sweet love you ill call you soon!