Tuesday, January 24, 2006

'Aunt' Rachel...

...I've been dreading to post about my aunt, but knew that I would have to sooner or later.

Pretty much anyone who has been to Pondo the last several summers(with the exception of this last one) knows who my aunt is and know her as 'Aunt' Rachel, so as not to confuse her with my wife who is also a Rachel LeBrun. Last April, Aunt Rachel was having some health issues, but assumed they would probably go away, until she felt so bad that she had to be helicoptered to Loma Linda Medical Center. They found she had cancer in her uterus and had to do a total histerectomy to eliminate the cancer. They were pretty confident they got it all.

At the beginning of this month she was having problems again, went to the hospital, and hasn't left since.

She is inoperable and the cancer has spread throughout her whole abdomen and vital organs. She is... terminal, I guess, is the right medical word for it.

How long?

It could be months.... it could weeks... or it could even be days. No one knows or can predict the time, even approximately. They just know that she has a very aggressive form of cancer and her organs could start shutting down at anytime.

I can't really describe how I feel.... and right now I'm not going to try to. We are trying to get her effects and estate in order the way she wants it before she goes.

I have four aunts... but,




she is the only one that I ever loved and had a relationship with.



Please pray that it's quick and without pain.

6 comments:

ashdown said...

how tragic....we will be praying...we love you guys!

aca said...

yes we are...we love you guys.

fountainstylerootbeer said...

man i like aunt rachel. your family is in my prayers

KS said...

I will be praying for your whole family too. If you need any help with anything, let me know. Love you guys.

Heddah said...

Hey Aaron
I'm sorry this is happening. You and your family are in my prayers.

debbie said...

i'll be praying for your family too.