Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Catching The Red Eye...by tired daddy-o

Well, she's here, if you didn't already know. The C-section was moved to the 30th of Nov., a week after the original date. Leah was born on Tuesday the 30th at 12:58 pm. She was 8 pounds, 6 ounces and 20 inches long. Considerably smaller than Hannah was but still a good size baby. It was good that Rachel had the section done. Hannah is doing well with the adjustment, we think. I think it took a little getting used to for her that Rachel couldn't give her all her attention... but I've been giving her plenty to make up for it. Here they are from this morning... sorry the picture quality is bad.


Sleep is a little rare here this past week for me and even more so for Rachel.. trying to keep up with the feeding schedule of a newborn, but God is good and we are blessed. She looks just like Hannah did at that age.

I've come to the conclusion that I need to clone myself. I would be an excellant candidate...there would plenty of me to go around between Rachel, Hannah, Leah , my two cats(who are always meowing for attention lately), camp, friends, yada yada yada...

On a side note, if you have been on some distant moon and still haven't picked up the new U2 cd yet, get off your keister! I got mine at 11am on the release date and it hasn't left my cd player yet. I think it is awesome, especially track #3 "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own". The whole album is perfection in my opinion, but I also love U2... so I might be a little biased.

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? My went really well. I got to see some family that I haven't seen in many years and got reacquainted.

Hope all is well with everyone. I miss you all alot!

5 comments:

aca said...

i love all your girls. and i know i am one.

but boy...it sounds like you need some male time. you know what i am saying...and i can't i am saying this...

but it looks like you need a sleep over at the 540 with halo 2 and the boys...

nikki })i({ said...

I think you have some of the cutest kids ever. Congratulations on the new one. She is sooooo adorable. I really like the name too. The two of them go perfectly together.

Heddah said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl! Still a little sad you didn't name her after me, but there still is hope that she can turn out like me :) Congrats to you and your lovely wife! I'll keep praying for you both!!

Aaron said...

Sorry, Heather, but two daughters with both names starting with H would constantly be a tongue twister for me. I would be calling one "Heathnah" and the other "Hanther"... you understand my situation. Hope all is going well with you. By the way your phone decided to call me the other day and all i could hear was 'scratch..muffle...muffle.. scratch'. No joke.

Danae said...

talk about a picture saying a thousand words... so great.