Monday, March 07, 2005

One More to Go...

Seven winter camps down, one more to go! It has been amazing that we have had snow for each and every weekend, which has been unheard of as long as I have been here.
I'm going boarding (snow) tomorrow at Valley with Dan and Becky....they are skiers. We went twice last week and it got real foggy both times, but it was still a blast.
I am ready for springtime though... and summer and the beach and the chaos of camp.
Are there any summer traditions or vacations you guys have done that stick out in your mind as memorable for one reason or another?
On for me was when my family and I went to Morro Bay up the coast... it is a beautiful place that you all should visit if you ar in the San Luis Obispo area. But anyway, we were camping at a campground called Montana de Oro and my dad wanted to do some ocean fishing off of one the natural rock formations on the coastline near the campground. We got to our spot in the morning when I guess the tide was low and started fishing. We didn't catch any fish.... but we did catch two fairly large crabs (surprise, surprise!). We decided to head back to the campsite to show off our prize, when we realized we couldn't get off the rock formation because the tide came in and turned the rock formation into an island! We couldn't swim off for fear of getting smashed against the rock by the waves.... so we sat there and waited... and waited... and waited until late afternoon when it finally went back down and we were able to 'escape'.

Let me tell you... crab never tasted so good!

Tell me your adventure.

3 comments:

Alyzzle said...

This isn't a tradition, I was hoping it would become one but nope. Anyway, working at Pondo the first summer we decided to go camping near Hume. Getting there was an adventure, we slept on the porch of the post office and Kaleb hiked his shorts up to see if anyone would pick up a hitch hiker. That was a great trip.

Why don't I get a fun name for your link to my site? How about, my brown homie or personal psychologist? Just throwing that out there :)

Alyzzle said...

Thanks for the frijole! Ahh yeah boy!

Brittany said...

Of course, my family of 8 had a tradition of attending the annual County Fair,with extremely over priced rikkity rides,a tractor show, karaoke,petting zoo, and cheesecake on a stick,oh rootbeer in a jug. It doesn't sound like much of an adventure until you see us all pile into the 5 seater car with a hatch back:)did I mention no air conditioning. It made for some good memories.