Saturday, September 15, 2007

I Fell In To A Burning Ring Of Fire.....

Well, today was interesting.

Yesterday, there was a fire burning between us and Big Bear and seems to be moving slowly..... until today.

We had a weekend guest group up at camp that I was hosting and I informed them at lunch there was a slight possibility that we may have to be evacuated so be prepared, but we would let them as soon as we do. No sooner do I say that when the sheriff pulls up about twenty minutes later and tells us to get the people out.

Small blessing in disguise... most of our stuff was already moved, with the exception of the quads and some furniture. So the staff and I got together the valuables and headed out. So far, I think Running Springs is not evacuated so Dan and Becky are fine, but if you want the lastest info go to www.rimoftheworld.net. It is updated pretty frequently.

That was my day.

Now I'm at home.

My other home.

In the desert... where nothing burns, just melts.

No comments: