Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's official...

... I am now a desert resident once again.

Yesterday I came back to the desert from being at camp for a week and a half and it was weird thinking I won't be going back for work there in a couple of days. If I go back from now on it will be to visit my parents or the Skippers.... that's strange.

It was a good week though. We took down all the stuff in the tent that we put up for the season, so it really seemed like we were 'officially' wrapping up summer and my time there.
My girls came up on Thursday and we had dinner with the Skippers at their house... it was great. They really love our kids. I'm truly excited about how our relationship will flourish with them now that we will be hanging with them more as friends than as employer/employees. They are awesome people.... the whole family.... we love them.
We went to church this morning and , man!...it just solidified the whole decision of being here. It is hard to explain, but it is good!
I'm looking forward to starting work and getting on with this change in our lives and becoming more established here.

I'm also immensely looking forward to riding out at Glamis this season which is right around the corner.


Good times ahead.

2 comments:

aca said...

here here

jibby said...

So glad to here it!
I still need some help with belly bumper games can you help me?
You can leave the camp but the camp never leaves you. :)