Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Man, where have I been?

Well, I didn't fall off the edge of the earth or go the way of Jimmy Hoffa... I'm back! It was kind of weird not being able to write on my blog for a week.
Last Monday Dan and I went to a youth pastors 'retreat' on Lake Mead to 'rub shoulders' and smooze while wake boarding. I know, it's a tough life, but I sacrifice my time when I can! It was real good to get away and get unplugged for a couple of days. We were also out of cell phone range. Came back on Thursday to host a men's retreat for Ventura Bapt. Church at camp. Then Rachel, Hannah, and I went to the desert(Palm Springs) on Friday to sell our crap at a joint garage sell on Saturday, literally, before the buttcrack of dawn with our friends, Dave and Aubrey. We made some good money. It's pretty amazing what people buy. I guess the saying is true "One man's junk is another man's treasure." After the sale we came back home on Sat. night so that on Sun. we could have a 'baby celebration' party for the birth of our future daughter. It was a pretty hectic week.
Now the rain has been making me feel a little gloomy. So far we've had three straight days of cloudy,foggy, rainy days without warm sunshine. How do people in Seattle do it? I think I would go insane. It's hard also because Hannah starts to get cabin fever. Well, on the bright side, the fire danger isn't so bad now.
BUCANEERS LOSE AGAIN! I'm not going to talk about it. I have to keep my cussing under control!
Roughly four more weeks and I'll be the 'daddy' to another gorgeous little girl.
Anyway, I'll publish more later. Sorry, again, for the delay in my posts. It's good to be back! Question to myself-- what did we do before internet?


4 comments:

Alyzzle said...

but gruden has the best facial expressions ever.

KS said...

What did we do before internet?
Made phone calls?

Aaron said...

I know... they (abc) almost need to edit out his expressions after a bad call or play, because it is pretty obvious when he drops the f-bomb.

fountainstylerootbeer said...

im so glad that i have great parents and although frustrating at times good in general so i can think of few children who will be more blessed than me and maybe it is your daughters...thier going to be so cool good talking to you last night its nice to talk with people who care