Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Plot To KILL Evolution

This is the title on the cover of my latest Wired magazine. The inside article is titled like this: THE CRUSADE AGAINST EVOLUTION; In the beginning was Darwin. And then there was intelligent design. How the next generation of "creation science" is invading America's classrooms.
I bolded the words that I thought were ridiculous. Basically, the article criticizes the progress some people are making in Ohio introducing the curriculum of 'intelligent design', which is a different way of saying creationism. They aren't even bringing in the concept of God being the intelligence behind our origins, which is probably why they are making progress. They want 'intelligent design' to be taught as another option to evolution, saying that life on earth is way too complex to just happen by accident. The human body contains some 60 trillion cells. Each one stores information in DNA codes, processes and replicates it in three forms of RNA and thousands of supporting enzymes, exquisitely supplies the system with energy, and seals it in semipermeable ...membranes.
And they (evolutionists) think that just happens. I get so tired of the media being so one-sided and 'liberal'. The public that is leaning toward John Kerry to be our next president seem to make their choices without really thinking through the ramifictions of their rationalizations. Last week, I watched a lady after the presidential debates say she was leaning toward Kerry because he made her feel 'comfortable'. What! Are you kidding me! That is your rationaliztion to pick our president? And so many people seem to feel this way and base their decisions on our liberal media. Is it just me or do the Democrats seem pissed that a Republican is in office?
Anyway, I wish our news networks could actually give an unbiased view (uh, hello, CBS) of what happens in politics and the world today. Take sport commentaters, for instance. They call the game the way it is played and how they see it. There is no biased views toward one side or the other. It's equal. In a democracy, every idea gets heard.
Well, sorry to bore you guys, but my blog is my rants and raves. So there it is. Please comment and tell me if I'm coming from 'left field' or not.
--Ben, Sky Captain was good, but I would wait to rent it. It had a kinda' 40's comic noir story look to it.
--Kyle, I'll call you tomorrow.
--Everyone else, love ya', peace.

1 comment:

Alyzzle said...

Aaron, I'm right there with you. I don't think you're coming outta left field...Man, I wish MTV would stop telling me to "Vote or Die." Why threaten people to make such a big decision? No thanks MTV, I'm not voting for Kerry just because you told me to, and not in so many words but between the lines of the words you used. Democrats are pissed, hence the hostility :) Sometimes I think maybe I'm just super conservative because of some of the stances I take. But that really isn't the case, is there such a thing as the world becoming too liberal?