Thursday, April 21, 2005

In the Blink of an Eye....

...It seems that 10 years went by! Today is our 10 year anniversary and I wonder... where did the time go and why so fast.

Don't get me wrong it has been great... awesome, in fact, and an experience I wouldn't trade for anything. My wife is my love, my soul and my everything. I'm looking forward to eighty more... if we live that long.

Sometimes, I think of eternity and heaven and what that would be like with the possibility of not 'knowing' Rachel as my spouse, but as a fellow worshipper of Christ. I'll be honest... it saddens me sometimes. I know that there is some speculation over this subject, but regardless my human little pea-brain is not grasping the full enormity of being in God's presence and how our earthly relationships won't matter to us like they do now. I believe there will still be 'fellowship' in heaven, just on a different level.

Anyway I would like to read your thoughts on the topic... in the meantime laugh at the picture below! :o)


Posted by Hello
I know, I know.... I actually have hair. And Rachel has bangs, don't forget that part! Trust me people, that's cider (wink,wink ). So bring on the heckling... I know it is inevitable. But it still is one of the happiest days of my life along with the births of my daughters!

C-ya!

5 comments:

Heddah said...

That mite have been seriously one of the most preciouse blogs! Congratulations to you both! And the picture.... adorable... I wont make a comment right now ;)

ashdown said...

heaven is such a mysterious thing, isnt it? i know that my ideas of heaven have change alot as i have gotten older...from the literal 'streets of gold' and such from revelation to more restoration of wholeness and making all things new. i think heaven will be something like eden, but a city instead of a garden, and with that said, adam and eve had a relationship while they were there....

all that to say, i think you are right - there probably will be relationships when heaven comes here, what that looks like...i dont know...

secret said...

congratulations! miss you guys.

stacey said...

Niiiiice hair. First off, congrats on ten...thought you guys had been together longer than that.

The conversation of what Heaven will be like is always one that really intrigues me and gets me thinking. I'd like to think that the fellowship I have with the people I love here on earth will continue in Heaven. God is glorified in our fellowship. I believe He gave us the love, friendship, and company of people as a way to show us love. Can you think of nothing more beautiful than all of God's people gathering in Heaven and it just being this enormous fellowship with the one common design to glorify the Maker? But at the same time, we see instances in the Bible--and are given the impression--that people, in the presence of God, cannot help but fall to their knees and worship Him. Are we going to be able to speak in the presence of God? Are we going to be able to move? Or is His glory and beauty and majesty going to make us fall to our knees so the only thing we can do is weep and worship Him? Its so fascinating to think about and we can go round and round giving all our different opinions but the amazing and funny thing is that we will never know until we get there. There's no equation to figure out God and He is so beyond our comprehension that nobody can predict it. I think that's why God is so beautiful to me...He's such a mystery and beyond my power to imagine.

KS said...

hey congrats on the big ten and making Cal Baptist Year book.. Yep your in the year book! it's a huge picture too!