Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Planets Have Aligned...

...and all is good in 'Aaronland'.

Tuesday night I was doing a little gaming, as I usually do late at night, when all of sudden my t.v. kind of... well, for lack of a better term, ... died. Well, for those of you who know me and my family, life kind of centered around that 'Box of Satan'. :) Between my movies and video games, and the kids and their 'learning' programs, it got alot of use (I know we're a 'terrible' example). So I tell my wife this, and she says we'll go to Best Buy tomorrow and 'see' what they have, ...since we are going to be down the mountain anyway, right?

I check online the next day before we go and see that Best Buy has their televisions on sale and also with 2 years interest free financing...and 10 free dvds... and rewards points accumalated from the total of your purchase (which translates into free gift cards{$125 worth!}).
I then informed my wife that something rare has happened... the planets have aligned and this is the only chance we will have to get this great of a deal. To my surprise, she actually agreed with me!

We get to 'The Store' and start shoppin'.....
....Three hours later we left. With alot of 'stuff'! WE CAME, WE SAW, WE BOUGHT, WE KICKED BEST BUY'S BUTT!!
Now, my system before was definitely nothing to complain about as some of you know... see below

if you can see them, those are bubble on the carpet from Hannah. Posted by Hello

... and next we have..tadah!!

Do you see them? The planets, I mean, ... they're aligned, right? Good, I thought I was the only one to see it. Posted by Hello

And my wife was the one pushing for the new speaks(right and left of 'big' t.v.) because the older ones 'don't look like they belong'!! I love my wife! Only she would want to buy a piece of electronic equipment because it 'looks' better than what we have. But, hey, I'm not one to argue with Rachel ( because she secretly knows kung-fu) especially if she is coaxing me to get home theater equipment... it is usally the other way around.

Anyway, all joking aside, God has blessed me this week with 'stuff' I definitely don't deserve and I thought I'd share my excitement with you all. Hopefully I'll be able to share some of the "media goodness of 'Aaronland'"with you all someday, until then ...............

3 comments:

nikki })i({ said...

Wow...looks good out of the box! Man what a difference. Baby Einstein will have never looked so good. I can't wait to come over and watch!

ashdown said...

i am speechless. utterly speechless. i dont think i have coveted one man as much as i covet you now. i cant wait to partake!! i am soooo amped for ya!!!

Heddah said...

How great will it be to watch Braveheart on that thing!! Holy intense and holy hot Mel! You got yourself a beauty, I mite just come up this summer to visit just to watch your t.v. ;) jk... I'll say hi to you too :)