Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder...

Sorry, that I've been away for awhile... I've had two days off since Christmas and that is including today!

Most of it is due impart to the weather we have been getting up here! So far we've probably got 2 ft. of snow on the ground with more on the way. I'm getting sick of snow real fast! I'm soooo tired. Moving snow is alot of work and we are starting to run out of places to put it.

Here are some pics from today... the sun is out finally!

Winter Wonderland Infirmiry Posted by Hello

Lodge from across the field Posted by Hello

Zipline Posted by Hello

Looking through icicle to zipline Posted by Hello

Melting in motion...just not fast enough. Posted by Hello

Please pray that we don't get too much more... I need to get behind my desk and get organized for winter camps and summer recruiting . It's hard too do that when you're having to keep the camp accessible to the outside world. Don't get me wrong, snow is good, we need it... but as they say, sometimes you can have too much of a good thing...in this case, way too much. Plus I do want to be able to enjoy my days off and not worry if my roof is going to collapse under the weight of snow if I dont get up there and shovel it.
Anyway, I guess this is a little bit of a rant.

Hope everyone had a good holiday time!

Ben and Wes, I will call you guys back, I promise! I'm just not sure when! ;) Love you guys.

1 comment:

Danae said...

our rain will be gone until sunday at least... hopefully we can dry out a bit... the rain was getting to be a little too much for me even - this midwest girl who just left 3 feet of snow in ohio!! i need the sun, too, but i figure since i can't change the weather, i may as well try my darndest to enjoy it!! and if i get a hankerin' for snow, i just my come up sometime... i'll shovel for ya. :)