Wednesday, January 12, 2005

What Was, No Longer Is...

..The same. Meaning that the camp's topography has changed due to our 'lovely' recent weather. The 'creek' that ran by the volleyball courts and firepit is now two rivers. One flowing down the road to the lower cabins and one flowing throught the lower volleyball court. The bridge that used to cross that pre-existing creek is now washed down to the concrete roadway by the lower cabins. The road going up the ridge by the basketball courts has been almost obliterated by the force of water flowing over it. The whole bottom floor of the infirmiry flooded and Cabin 1 had, count 'em, 8 inches of water in it!
Everything is in the drying process now and thank God we now have sunshine...but until the snow melts we really won't know the extent of how much the landscape has changed.
I'm the most tired I think I've ever been, physically and emotionally. And I have camp in less than 2 weeks!
But , you know what, despite my worrying and stress and all the stuff I can't change... bottom line, God is in control. And he always is and will be. Remember that, J.

So sorry to those of you, if I haven't returned phone calls or emails, I've just been too exhausted. But I still love ya'.

1 comment:

secret said...

I'll still think it's beautiful, and want to reserve at least 5 spots for the JH Summer week on July 11-15. Last year they all filled up before I could drop the $$ so who do you have to know to get in before the mail goes out. (oh yeah, I also will want to book housing for 2 adults and two children ages 2 and 3mo.) HOOK IT UP!