Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Some Privilege

Ok, here is my RANT, Ticketmaster sucks!! I'm a U2 fanclub member (paid for privilege) and it took me nearly two hours to get two tickets to their L.A. show because Ticketmaster's incapable website and server! Talk about frustrating, when I kept submitting my ticket request and seeing the same message over and over again..'Internal server error please try again later'. What!!?! I did this for two freakin' hours until I finally get through and get two tickets (that are in the rafters, I might add), go through the whole purchase process, click submit or checkout or whatever it was, and then it says it lost my order!!

None of you have ever seen me truly pissed off and be glad you haven't. I was about ready to throw my computer moniter through the bedroom window. Not only did this happen once, but three times!!! Finally with my wife's attempts to calm me down, I got through and was able to make a ticket purchase with a confirmation. So, good luck to the rest of you guys out there who want tickets. Bottom line Ticketmaster is arcaic and sucks when it comes to big venues. This happened to us last time with the Elevation tour and we weren't able to get tickets for any of the shows because of their system! I thought I'd be able to remedy that by joining the fanclub, now having DSL and be able to buy presale, but it is still a royal pain in the you-know-what.

Anyway, I guess my RAVE is that I WILL be going to the April 5th show at the Staples center to see the greatest band in the world with my wife, who is an even bigger fan than me! And we will have an awesome time despite not getting the seats we had hoped for. Just to hear their music live will be reward in itself. I hope to see some of your faces there as well!
But if your buying tickets either wait in line or have some other reliable source because my luck with Ticketmaster has been very poor!

Thanks for reading my Rant and Rave.

2 comments:

Alyzzle said...

I'm glad you got tickets, that's awesome! I had to deal with Ticketmaster this week too and it was annoying. Not as annoying as Fairview Ford who hasn't called me back after many attempts and threats. I guess I'll just have to drive down and sit until they fix my car. Maybe I'll drive up and hang out too. How was your trip to Hume?

KS said...

Hey, I'm glad you got those tickets. Man I miss working at Ponderosa.. Speaking of Ponderosa, are you going to be here for the ministry fair on Thursday? I thought you were, but I haven't heard anything from you in awhile... let me know.. alright.. peace